SNCT F7A #101 is finally done!
On November 19, 2007 I wrote this post about the model of SNCT #101 that I was just starting to build. Almost seven(!) years later it’s finally done. Granted, most of that time I wasn’t working on it. I got distracted by other projects and life in general, but still, there’s probably at least a good year or two worth of regular work sessions in this model and for the most part I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.
The use of small diameter magnet wire, surface mount LED’s and tiny resistors makes it easy to cram all sorts of lighting features into just about any shell.
After much hesitation, many false starts and a good deal of experimentation, I finally completed the wiring in my model of Seattle & North Coast F7A No. 101. Continue reading
John, Myself (In the Brooklyn hat) and Tom at the NERPM display.
For something like the 6th year in a row I attended the Amherst Railway Society’s Big Railroad Hobby Show in West Springfield, MA. Again I was at the New England Railroad Prototype Modelers table showing off some models. As always I spent way too much money. It was a nice show though, we had a good location in a decent, somewhat quiet corner of the Mallory Complex. Continue reading to see some of the models I had on display. Continue reading
SNCT #101 mostly completed.
Well, it has certainly been quite awhile since I last posted any updates. I do have a number of excuses though. I moved, I got a new job, I’m currently helping remodel a basement for a model railroad (not mine, unfortunately) the list actually goes on. I have been doing some modeling as well now that it’s no longer pleasant to be outside, what with the cold and the dark and all that. These photo’s are a little old, but I feel they deserve a more in depth explanation. Continue reading
The nose of SNCT F7A #101 with grabs and pilot steps.
My posts recently have been very Railflyer/second gen EMD oriented, so it’s about time I made a note of my progress on SNCT F7A #101. Not a lot has been done, but some of the major hurdles have now been cleared. Continue reading
A 3/4 view of the fireman’s side of #101 showing many of the details that have been added.
Well, I’ve finally caught up to my progress. These photo’s show what I’ve done as of Jan. 17, 2008. So far everything is going well and this model is really starting to look like the 1:1 #101. Continue reading
The engineers side of #101 has had the vertical ribbing installed in lieu of the standard Farr Air Grill.
After a long bout of little time and low motivation caused by the holidays, I’ve finally managed to get some work done on #101. I’ve done more than these photo’s show, but I don’t have any other photo’s on the computer yet, so this will have to do for now. Continue reading